U Finance Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. This Authority tells you what personal information (“your information”) about you we collect, share and why and to seek your consent, authorisations and agreements in relation to your information.
By submitting your details on this website, you consent and authorise the collection use and disclosure of your information in accordance with this Authority.
Who could we collect your information from?
We may collect your information (now or later) directly from you and from any entity (“Entity”). An entity can include a bank, financial institution, credit reporting agency, government department (like the Ministry of Justice) or government agency (like Work and Income), an employer, our related company Unit2go Ltd or any other person or entity to enable us to collect, use and disclose your information for the purposes below.
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect about you may include your:
- Contact information: name, phone number, email address, postal address, physical address
- Documents that verify your identity and other personal details: such as your passport or drivers’ licence information
- Billing or purchase information
- Financial Information: such as bank statements
What do we do with it? (Purposes)
We collect and use your information to provide the information and services that you request from us, and to provide you with information about other services we consider may be appropriate for you.
You consent to us using your information to (and only where the disclosure of your information is necessary):
- To verify any of your information.
- To verify your identity as required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism laws and other verification checks, including with the Department of Internal Affairs; New Zealand Transport Agency and Centrix Group Limited; and their related entities; their third party service providers and systems and all those entities may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for identity verification purposes.
- For our management, assessment (e.g. whether you can afford the loan(s)), protection (e.g. registering our security interest over a unit you wish to purchase from Unir2Go Ltd) and enforcement (e.g. to collect any money you owe us and haven’t paid) relating to any loan application, loan agreement you have with us and any security interest granted by you in our favour.
- To market any other products and services to you.
- To obtain credit reports (including any updates) about you (e.g. to check your credit defaults and payment history) from any of our credit reporting agencies and to obtain information of any unpaid
- To enable our service outsource providers (like IT consultants) to perform its services to us.
Who do we share it with?
You authorise us to:
- Share your credit information relevant to any loan(s) you get from us with any credit reporting agency. This information includes (amongst other things) the type of loan you have with us, the amount of your and your repayment history information (including default information) in relation to your loan(s). You also understand and agree that credit reporting agencies may use this information to update their credit reporting database, and disclose that information to their own customers who use their service for the purposes of credit checking, debt collection, identity verification or for any other lawful purpose.
- Share your information to our service outsource providers, such as IT consultants, where (and to the extent that) disclosure of your information is necessary to enable those providers to perform its services to us.
- Share and exchange your information with any relevant Entity for any of the Purposes (except for marketing purposes) and hold your information.
- Share and exchange your information with Unit2go Ltd for any of the Purposes which might be relevant.
We will only share your information with third parties where it is necessary for the Purposes and where it is required by law.
Where do we store your information?
We use third-party cloud service providers to store and process your information we collect. We use Australia Data Centre cloud servers located in Australia. We ensure that our cloud-based service providers are subject to appropriate security and information handling arrangements and that the information stored or processed by them remains subject to confidentiality obligations.
What are my rights?
You understand that you:
- Do not have to provide information to us. If you choose not to provide necessary information when requested, we might not be able to provide certain information or services to you.
- Do not need to provide us with your driver’s licence or passport information and you do so voluntarily. You also understand that your driver’s licence or passport information may be used for one or more of the Purposes (as is relevant).
- Can at any time ask us and Unit2go Ltd to stop sending you marketing information.
- Have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we or Unit2go Ltd hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
If you have any questions about this Authority or you’d like to ask for a copy of your information we or Unit2go Ltd holds on you, or to have it corrected, please contact us Ph: 0800 864 824 or Email: email@example.com or Postal: 141 Boundary Road Papakura.